Venice 2018.10.28, written by Kuna.
Pitch Black Serenade‘s demo has been released for a week now and I’m very grateful for all the visits and downloads it received! 💜 Thank you for giving it a try!
Gifts and features.
During the past days, PBS had received quite the support!
The release was featured on Gosatsu VN’s weekly blog post! Waah! 💝 It’s such an honor!
Gosatsu’s writer and artist, Gospel himself drew this cute fanart of Fujisa to celebrate the release!
And… another pretty Fujisa has been gifted by the awesome Khanachi! 💝
Fujisa seems to be really loved! This makes me happy of course!
Over the past week, a lot of supporting messages arrived as well! That feels incredibly warm and helps with the tension, so I’m super grateful!
A guide to PBS’s Patreon.
PBS‘s Patreon has been up for a week too and seven posts have already been written!
But how does this page work exactly? As explained last week, there are three tiers and this is what they are about.
- Choose Fan if your main interest is to read the updates of the development of the Tokyo Arc. Since such posts will be private I will include far more details and behind-the-scenes than I’ve ever did on this blog.
- Choose Backstage Pass if you want to support the development to a higher degree (Oh, wow! Thank you!) or to have access to every behind-the-scene I’m going to go through. As a special reward you’re going to get the two art books (for chapters 1 and 2) and you will be able to play through the scenes of the story months ahead the game is complete.
- The Supporter tier can be seen as a ‘tip jar’. Every support is of great help for the development, so I prepared this tier for whoever would like to help out! I plan to post one speed paint video every 7-10 days especially for this tier among the other benefits!
- What if you do not intend to use Patreon but still want to support the development? Spreading the word can help a lot! If you liked the demo, just let your friends and circle know about it! Or again, you don’t feel like investing in PBS? From time to time I’m going to make public some of the past posts on Patreon so you will eventually be able to access a few interesting insights later on!
What about this blog?
Does all this Patreon thing mean that I’m not going to write anymore on these pages?
It’s quite a different matter! It’s true that I started a Patreon page to gather funds and develop the next part of PBS but I also thought it was necessary to have such a place for me to show what I’m working on from now on.
I’ve started this blog because I wanted to write about my work and post art about the game as soon as I would produce it. It wasn’t always possible. I didn’t want to reveal everything about the game and ruin the unique experience you get only by playing it. I think that getting surprised about a CG or an event is very important so I was never able to write about everything.
Yet, there were times when I had posted screenshots I didn’t want to post for the same reason. But I had to eventually reveal something about the game so I needed to do it. Also, it was for a free demo and of course my aim was to get players interested in it.
So now there’s a demo available and new players can get a glimpse of how the game is going to unfold. About the new development phase, I’d like to have it a bit more reserved.
The blog is not going to stop here. I guess that a post mortem or a guide to the demo would be quite the fun to write! There’s also other stuff I’d like to talk about. And of course I plan to post updates from time to time too! Only, they will be not so frequent for the reasons I’ve just explained.
That being said, I hope you’ll be looking forward for my future posts! For a few weeks from now, updates will happen regularly as they’ve been doing until now, too!
From here on out.
So what are my plans for the next months? What I’m working on right now and what I’m going to work on? Well, here’s the list!
- I’ve already started the development for PBS Chapter 2: Tokyo Days. I need to create a new location from the ground up and sadly I can’t reuse the assets I made for the demo. During these first months I will focus on the concept art and reference sheets for all the characters (you can already look at Shin’s one on Patreon), planning the scenario and defining the locations.
- I need to implement some gameplay elements in the demo/Chapter 1 so that players can continue playing Chapter 2 from there.
- I plan to release a PDF art/guide/memorial book in December covering the demo portion and I’ve already started the production.
That’s all for this week’s update! Hey, I hope you’ll be looking forward for what’s coming next!
Thank you for reading, see ya next week! 🙌💜